Tuesday, July 30, 2013

AJE Component of the Month Reveal

     

Each month one of the contributors to the Art Jewelry Elements Blog gives away a component to the rest of the AJE team as well as to a few other lucky winners. This month I was lucky enough to be chosen to participate!

I loved the pink porcelain orchid pendant that I received from Suburban Girl Studios . I knew that I wanted to use handpainted silk cording that I purchased from Marsha Neal. I also wanted to make some coordinated polymer clay beads to go with the pendant and decided on the pink and green combination that I love. I have not done that much with cords and ribbon before, but I tried to decide how I was going to use the ribbon before I made the beads. I liked the idea of weaving the cord around the beads and made some donut style beads with the hole large enough to fit the cord. I found some large link chain to use to attach the pendant and the cord to.


























I made a swirly clasp that would fit through the chain and added a dangle to the end of the chain.




















Thanks again to  and the AJE team for giving folks the chance to play along each month! To check out what everyone else created with their charms check out the AJE Blog HERE.

9 comments:

Sarajo Wentling said...

I really like how you made those fun polymer disc beads to go with the pink pendant. Very cool!

WindDancerStudios said...

Love your color choice. It's a soft and romantic feel, perfect for the flower!

Diana P. said...

Very pretty necklace! I love the use of the silk. Thank you for participating in the challenge!

Jenny said...

So vibrant! I too love the silks that Marsha carries! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Love the beads you made, and the silk works really well with it all!

Unknown said...

I love to see where the same element takes everyone. Nice Job!

KristiBowmanDesign said...

Finally finding some time to hop this reveal, beautiful necklace!! Love all the soft colors!

Jennifer Cameron said...

So pretty! I love it! The soft colors are so feminine.
Thank you so much for reading AJE and participating in the design challenge.

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

What a fun and unique design, Patricia... pink with green has the perfect summery feel!